Frequently Asked Questions
If you are new to coinlocally and need to buy crypto, please check it out how to buy guide to learn more.
…………… a video to show how it works ……
………………………. How to buy link ………
………………how to sell link …………
this escrow is under our control which means that if seller doesn’t want to release your crypto and runs away, we will release it to buyer from this escrow.
And IF YOU ARE THE SELLER , NEVER RELEASE YOUR ESCROW BEFORE YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED MONEY FROM BUYER.
The second way is when you give your wallet to someone inside or outside of coinlocally , you can find your wallet as you can see in wallet part , in the table in receive/wallet address coloumn you will find your wallet address , you give this wallet address to sender and once he/she sends you a crypto after some minutes you will find it on balance coloumn.
Here are 2 videos to see better how it works : 1st way ……………. video ……….
2nd way ……………. Video ……….
Here you find a guide video how to do it :
…………. How to send video ……….
About crypto currency
- Enable two-factor authentication for your account. This protects you when a someone finds your password. With two-factor authentication enabled, it is not possible to log in to your account if someone knows only your password. Remember to write down the backup codes, preferably on paper, in case you lose your codes.
- Make sure Login guard is enabled. It protects you from logins from unknown web browsers. When Login Guard detects a login from a new web browser it asks you to confirm your browser by clicking a link sent to the email address you have used to register your account. Login Guard is automatically turned on for all new users. Read more about Login Guard
- Remember to use a strong password, one with at least 10 characters. To make it easier to remember difficult passwords we recommend you use a password manager such as KeePass ( ), KeePassX ( / ) or 1Password ( / ).
- Do not use the same password on other websites and do not give your password to other people, even your friends.
- Do not use an email provider that does not require a password, like yopmail, as it makes it possible to access your account without needing to know your password. If you want a secure, anonymous, email use a service such as Tutanota.
With Bitcoins, the owner of the wallet and the Bitcoins is responsible for his/her own security. If your user account is compromised you will lose your Bitcoins, and because Bitcoin transactions are NOT reversible it is not possible for CoinLocally to help you get them back. That's why it's very important to follow the security tips given above.
What should I do if someone else has accessed my account?
- Immediately change your password.
- Immediately open up a support ticket explaining what happened and include your account name, the email you used to register on CoinLocally, your name, IP address, phone number associated with your account and your recent site activity. You can find out your IP address by searching in Google for "What is my IP?".
When activating two-factor authentication it is very important that you write down the backup code and keep it in a safe place, preferably on paper. If you lose access to your two-factor codes you will not be able to log in to your account and it will require a two-factor reset which takes two weeks to process.
Activate paper based two-factor authentication
- Visit the two-factor activation page and choose I want to use paper codes based two-factor authentication.
- Click the link to open up your two-factor code list.
- Press ctrl + p (cmd + p on mac) on your keyboard to print the code table.
- Press Proceed to activation on the two-factor authentication page and enter the activation key from the top of the paper, the first two-factor authentication code from the table and your password.
You're now all set and protected by paper-based two-factor authentication! Each time you log in to your account you will also be asked for a code that is shown in the authenticator application.
Once you've used up all your 90 codes from the paper based code table two-factor authentication will be automatically disabled from your account and you will need to activate two-factor authentication again.
You can only give one feedback to a user. The feedback can be one of four types: Trustworthy, Positive, Neutral, Block and Block without feedback. Once given, feedback will be visible on a user's public profile if certain conditions are met, otherwise the feedback remains unconfirmed. Unconfirmed feedback is only visible for the receiving user and to CoinLocally administrators and does not affect the feedback score.
Users that have never traded can’t leave feedback, however if they mark each other as trusted or not trusted they are able to leave trustworthy, neutral or block feedback.
Explanation of feedback typesTrustworthy Giving trustworthy feedback increases the receiver's feedback score while at the same time marks the receiver as a trusted person. People who you mark as trusted can view your Trusted Only advertisements. You can find a list of people whom you've marked as trusted under your profile.
Positive Giving positive feedback increases the receiver's feedback score.
Neutral Giving neutral feedback doesn't affect the receiver's feedback score.
Block By blocking a user he can no longer contact you, and he receives negative feedback from you which lowers his feedback score.
Block without feedback This option blocks the user from contacting you, but his feedback score remains unaffected.
Feedback that has been given can be either confirmed or unconfirmed. Confirmed feedback is shown on a user's public profile and affects the user's feedback score. Unconfirmed feedback is only visible to the receiving user and CoinLocally.com administrators. For an unconfirmed feedback to become confirmed, one of the following conditions must be met:
- Trades between the user giving and receiving feedback must be more than 0.2 BTC
- The total trade volume of the feedback giver must be more than 5 BTC
- The feedback giver has verified his ID and a total trade volume of at least 0.1 BTC
CoinLocally.com never edits or removes feedback left by users. The only exception is feedback containing abusive, racist language, threats or exposes personal information.
Tick the box that says Enable Web notifications and when your browser asks you for permission to show web notifications, press accept. You're now all set and will start receiving web notifications.
You can take a look at all the browsers that are authorized by Login Guard to login to your account from the Authorized Browsers page in the security options. This page lets you revoke access from a browser if you do not recognize it, e.g. because the location is not yours.
If you have trouble getting access to your account using Login Guard you can open up a support ticket to get help.
- No direct or indirect personal attacks or insults will be allowed. Posts that antagonize, insult, belittle users or moderators will not be tolerated. Nor will racism, sexism, bigotry or foul language be accepted.
- No Bitcoin trades, or advertisements of any other kind may be posted to the forum.
- Posts talking about, referring to or suggesting tips etc. for illegal actions are strictly forbidden.
- Posts linking to copyrighted material or web pages containing guides on how to obtain or engage in actions which are illegal are strictly forbidden.
- Posts containing personally identifiable information (i.e. names, addresses, emails, phone numbers etc.) are not allowed.
- Posting links to phishing, scamming or hacking websites & guides is not allowed.
Common problems & solutions
If you do not wish to give the seller your ID, you can always cancel the trade and search for a trader with less strict requirements.
Always send your ID to the seller via the trade chat, our trade chat messages are kept encrypted on our servers and are deleted after 180 days. All photographs sent to the trade chat is also marked with a watermark to prevent misuse of the images.
If there are any issues with a trade and the seller won't release your Bitcoins, you can dispute the trade to have CoinLocally support resolve it.
If you are buying or selling Bitcoins online, you can dispute the trade after 1 hour if you have marked the payment completed.
A dispute can no longer be started if the Bitcoins have been released from escrow.
When a trade you're involved in becomes disputed, you'll receive an SMS notification and an email, in most cases simply starting the dispute is enough to get the attention of your trading partner. A disputed trade is usually resolved within 24-48 hours.
We reserve a small amount of Bitcoin from your wallet balance to pay the Bitcoin transaction fee to the Bitcoin network. Each Bitcoin transaction has to pay a small fee to the network to be confirmed no matter from where it's sent. We reserve this fee in advance to prevent your wallet balance from becoming negative. You can find a list of all of our fees on our fees page.
After you send in a trade request to the seller of Bitcoins, you have a time window to complete the payment before the trade is automatically canceled (the payment window varies depending on the payment method of the trade). During this time you need to complete your payment and press the I have paid button. The seller is notified that you've made the payment and the Bitcoins will be held in escrow until the seller releases them for you when seeing the payment in his/her account.
If you paid for the purchase, but did not mark the payment complete before the payment time window expired, please contact the seller through the trade. The Bitcoin seller has functionality to Reopen the purchase, this also re-enables escrow. You can contact the seller and your other existing trade contacts from the Dashboard in your CoinLocally User Profile. Send a message to the seller and kindly explain the situation and why you couldn't complete payment within the time window.
If the seller does not respond to this request please contact CoinLocally.com support using the Support request form and mention your trade contact id number.
This is how web wallets operate. You cannot make connections with incoming and outgoing transactions for the same Bitcoin address.
Please note that the same wallet can have multiple incoming addresses. The Bitcoin protocol ensures that Bitcoins are not sent to an address that does not exist, but they can be sent to addresses which are inactive or not controlled by anyone.
Below all the listings on the front page you can find a locations search field, type in your location into the field (city, country) and press enter. After the page reloads you will see ad listings for your location.
The CoinLocally website is currently available in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese and Chinese.
You can change the language of the site from the footer, scroll down all the way to the bottom of the page and click the text next to the globe under the heading Services to see a dropdown of the languages on offer.
You can use your email address instead of your username when you login. Just type it in the username field. If you’ve forgotten both you can open up a support ticket and we can help you with regaining access to your account.
To re-activate your Two-Factor authentication codes with Google Authenticator you will need the backup code that you wrote down during the activation process.
- Find your Two-factor authentication backup code from when you first activated two-factor authentication.
- Install and launch the Google Authenticator app on your mobile device.
- Press Begin setup.
- Select the option Enter a provided key.
- Enter CoinLocally as the account name.
- Enter your Two-factor authentication backup code in the key field.
- Leave the dropdown as Time based.
- Press add to re-activate your Two-factor authentication.
You can now use the code the app displays to authenticate your CoinLocally account and log in.
If this did not work, or if you do not have the backup code written down, you cannot re-activate your two-factor authentication and must submit a two-factor authentication removal. You can find a link to submit it while logging in on the page that asks for your two-factor authentication code.
Creating advertisements and trading Bitcoin
There are many things that affect advertisement visibility, e.g. your trading history; feedback; account age; advertisement settings and more. If your ad is not showing up please check the following list of common problems.
- Do you have Bitcoin in your CoinLocally wallet?
- My ad is not on the front page?
- My ad is not showing when I search!
- Check for errors using the ad visibility tool
- Open a support ticket
If you're running advertisements for online payment methods you must have at least 0.04 BTC in your wallet for your ads to show.
Only 6 advertisements per category are shown on the front page and certain high risk payment methods are excluded. You need be an experienced trader with many trades under your belt before your ads will show up on the front page.
When you search for advertisements the results show a maximum of 15 advertisements, if there are more advertisements that match the search criteria they can be found by clicking the Show more... link and selecting a payment method. When you gain more trade history, more feedback your advertisements will also be shown as part of the first 15.
If you still can't find your ad there might be some problems with the settings on your advertisement. Visit the public page of the problematic advertisement and towards the bottom of the page you'll find a tool you can use to check for errors that might prevent it from being displayed.
Click the headings to run a check on your advertisement to see who can open a trade for the ad and who can see it. Any problems with your advertisement not being visible will be shown and explained here.
You can always open up a support ticket to ask for help with advertisement visibility.
Becoming a pro trader is designation all traders strive for as it's a badge that only few can get. To be assigned the pro trader badge you need to have fulfilled all of the following criteria:
- Your ID must be verified
- Account registered more than 150 days ago
- At least 100 positive, confirmed feedbacks
- You need to have traded at least a total of 20 BTC
- Your trade volume for the past 30 days needs to be 2 BTC
When your account matches all the above requirements you will automatically receive the pro trader badge. You can click here to view your current trade statistics. Your account registration date and feedback can be viewed from your public profile page.
The green thumb is assigned automatically to your advertisements based on an algorithm. We don't want to share exactly what is required but the following things are looked at. Once your advertisement fulfils all the requirements, it will receive the green thumb.
- Number of trades and feedbacks score of your account
- Age of your account
- The payment method of your advertisement
- The popularity of the payment method
- Recent feedback on your account
- Total and recent amount of bitcoins traded by you
- How long ago you completed your first trade.
CoinLocally updates its exchange rates and advertisement prices every five minutes. Prices shown in the listings and on the front page are cached, and update a little slower. Sometimes when the Bitcoin price is fluctuating rapidly, advertisements with the same price equation may display different price. Sometimes market data is not available for some currencies, which leads to delays updating the advertisement prices. However, when you open up the advertisement page itself the price will be more up to date.
The price of the purchase is determined at the moment the Bitcoin buyer sends in the trade request.
The floating price is based on the
bitpay_sellexchange rate variable. The seller can specify an additional margin on top of that.
You can use negative commission percentage too, if you want to sell below market price (or pay extra).
How can I mark someone as trusted? To add people to your trusted list, you can invite your friends by email, visit their public CoinLocally User Profile or give trustworthy feedback after finishing a trade with them. You can find a list of people you trust under your profile.
Creating special deals for trusted people To create a trusted only advertisement, check the option on the advertisement edit form. The seller of Bitcoins decides trust. For a sell advertisement, only people who you have marked as trusted can access it. For a buying advertisement, only people who trust you can access it.
You can verify your company with CoinLocally, this displays your companies name to your trading partner on the trade page in addition to your own real name.
To verify your company with your CoinLocally account you will first need to verify your own ID through the normal ID verification process.
Once that is completed you will gain access to the company verification process, a link will appear on the ID verification page that will allow you to upload your verification documents.
To verify your company you will need to fulfil following requirements:
- You are the director of the company OR you are allowed to sign agreements on your company's behalf
- Your company must be searchable in your countries online company database